See Him High and Lifted Up
Isaiah 6:1-3 "In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple.Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings: with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one cried to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; The whole earth is full of His glory!”
A true worshiper sees God as more than a friend, more than a Father, more than the Provider. God wants to be seen as more than a need-meeting God. Worshipers see God as high and exalted, the train of His robe filling the temple! When we worship God, we join with the angels. Isaiah saw the angels, specifically seraphim, around the throne. Seraphim are the angels of heaven that do the bidding of the Lord. The cherubim are angels who remain constantly with the Lord. The Lord dwells between the cherubim. Seraphim are the angels who are around the throne worshipping. They fly from one end of heaven to the other do the work of the Lord.
This passage describes the seraphim as having six wings. With two they covered their face. With two they covered their feet. With two they flew. Only two of the six wings were for work. The other two were to cover their face, I'm not worthy to be in your presence. The other two were to cover up their feet, My works are not worthy to be brought into Your presence. A worshiper sees the Lord high and lifted up, but views himself with humility. When Abraham came into the presence of God, he said, "I am just dust and ashes." This should be the attitude of a worshiper. It is right to say we're the righteousness of God. It is right to say I'm sanctified and redeemed by the blood of Jesus. A worshiper approaches God with the attitude, "Lord, I'm nothing. Without You, I’m nothing. I'm but dust and ashes. My face needs to be covered. Lord, it's not my face that's important; it's Your face that's important. Lord, I cover my feet because, Lord, oh yes, I've walked to places and preached the Word, but my feet aren't even worthy. My works aren't even worthy to be brought into Your presence." God rewards openly what we do in secret. However, Paul instructed us to renounce the hidden things of dishonesty. Not only will our secret life be rewarded for the good things we have done, we also are accountable for what we have done in secret that is contrary to God’s will. Paul says we are to renounce the hidden things of dishonesty.
Our Mission Statement
This site is used for spreading the
Good News. We have teachings at the bottom of this page and PLEASE PRINT THEM OUT. I will not teach anything that I can't back up with scripture. If I have an opinion about something I will say this is my opinion. I'm here to tell you about The Good News. (How much God Loves You!!!)
Our Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible is inspired and empowered by God, infallible and authoritative.
2. We believe in one eternal God who exists as three separate persons; the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life as He walked among men, demonstrated the authority and power of God in works and speech, died on the cross, rose from the dead on the third day, and is now seated at the right hand of God having accomplished all that is necessary for man's salvation.
4. We believe it is essential for man to repent of sin, def. (To feel remorse, contrition, or self-reproach for what one has done or failed to do; be contrite.) and by faith receive the finished work of Christ by confessing Him as Lord with his mouth and believing in his heart resulting in regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
5. We believe the Holy Spirit is continuing the work He started at Pentecost empowering believers to live a godly life and continue in all the works of Jesus.
6. We believe in the imminent return of Jesus and that those who have believed in Him will be resurrected to a heavenly dwelling in an incorruptible body, and those who do not believe will join Satan and his host in everlasting punishment.
7. We believe the true Church is composed of all born-again believers in Christ, regardless of denominational affiliation.
8. We believe all born-again believers have been commissioned to share the complete Gospel to all the world.
(NOTE: It is difficult to tell all we believe in 8 sentences, but we make this statement of faith available to those who ask for one so they will know we are Bible-believing Christians. Our teachings will give you much more information. We appreciate your interest in growing in the things of the Lord!)